PHOTO GALLERY – MALE RHINOPLASTY
WE INVITE YOU TO VIEW OUR GALLERY OF BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS.
When evaluating before and after results please pay attention to the following features of this gallery:
- High Definition, High Resolution Images: All of our photos are presented in high quality, large, and expandable images. We do not use small, static pictures to hide asymmetries, imperfections or scars.
- Descriptive: We have labeled our images with meaningful descriptions to help guide you to specific features.
- One Result, Multiple Views: We do not show you just the “best” views and hide the rest.
- Similar Before & After Photographs: We do not use any trick photography. We encourage our patients to wear make-up in both the before and after images. We use the same camera, the same background, the same lighting, and the same positioning for the before and afters.
- Close-Ups of Incisions and Scars: We do not hide our scars with small images. Instead, we show you magnified views of how our incisions appear and where they are located.
Rhinoplasty for men in San Diego is a very common procedure. Men and women share many of the same goals with rhinoplasty. Fixing a drooping nasal tip or bringing down a hump on the bridge are commonly performed for both men and women. The primary distinction is that men’s rhinoplasty should not be overdone. Shaving down a hump too far can lead to a feminine slope on the profile view. Lifting the tip too high can feminize the nose as well. Dr. Kolstad uses rhinoplasty to create a strong nose that is masculine in appearance. The nose is refined, just not too refined.
This male rhinoplasty patient of Middle Eastern descent wanted to improve the appearance of his nose. He felt like his nose was too large and did not fit his face. He did not like the droopy tip of his nose and his hanging columella. He also did not like the large hump on the bridge of his nose. His goal for rhinoplasty was for his nose to look refined, but not overdone.
Dr. Kolstad believes the most important goal of rhinoplasty for men is to not over do it. Changes that are made during surgery should make the nose appear strong and masculine without looking “plastic”.
During this patient’s rhinoplasty, Dr. Kolstad removed the prominent hump and straightened the bridge of the nose. He lifted the tip of his nose to a 90 degree angle and tightened the drooping columella by securing it to the septum. He also sculpted the tip cartilage to create a more refined nasal tip.
1) Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty 0: Middle Eastern rhinoplasty requires a unique strategy to create changes that appear natural and fit the features specific to the patient’s ethnicity.
2) Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty 6: Middle Eastern patients frequently benefit from straightening of the nasal bridge, lifting a drooping nasal tip and correcting a hanging columella.
3) Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty 7: A perfectly straight nasal bridge. The tip of the nose has been slightly rotated up and the nostril droop has been corrected.
4) Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty 3: Rhinoplasty does not need to be overdone. Subtle refinements can create elegant changes that are both natural and masculine in appearance.
5) Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty 4: A straight nasal bridge will create a linear highlight that leads the viewer from the brow to the tip of the nose.