PHOTO GALLERY – MALE RHINOPLASTY
WE INVITE YOU TO VIEW OUR GALLERY OF BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS.
When evaluating before and after results please pay attention to the following features of this gallery:
- High Definition, High Resolution Images: All of our photos are presented in high quality, large, and expandable images. We do not use small, static pictures to hide asymmetries, imperfections or scars.
- Descriptive: We have labeled our images with meaningful descriptions to help guide you to specific features.
- One Result, Multiple Views: We do not show you just the “best” views and hide the rest.
- Similar Before & After Photographs: We do not use any trick photography. We encourage our patients to wear make-up in both the before and after images. We use the same camera, the same background, the same lighting, and the same positioning for the before and afters.
- Close-Ups of Incisions and Scars: We do not hide our scars with small images. Instead, we show you magnified views of how our incisions appear and where they are located.
Rhinoplasty for men in San Diego is a very common procedure. Men and women share many of the same goals with rhinoplasty. Fixing a drooping nasal tip or bringing down a hump on the bridge are commonly performed for both men and women. The primary distinction is that men’s rhinoplasty should not be overdone. Shaving down a hump too far can lead to a feminine slope on the profile view. Lifting the tip too high can feminize the nose as well. Dr. Kolstad uses rhinoplasty to create a strong nose that is masculine in appearance. The nose is refined, just not too refined.
This patient wanted to see one of the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons in La Jolla. He was unhappy with the results of his previous rhinoplasty. He disliked the bump on his bridge and the unnatural shadowing from the bridge-tip contour. He wanted to enhance the appearance of his nose in a natural-looking way. It was important to him that the results appeared refined without looking too pinched, narrowed, or overdone.
Dr. Kolstad is considered one of the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons in La Jolla. He is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon. He has extensive training and experience achieving natural, artistic rhinoplasty results for men. He believes that it is important for men’s revision rhinoplasty to create a strong, masculine nose without over lifting or pinching the tip.
For this patient’s revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Kolstad used rib cartilage to straighten and contour the nasal bridge to create a more natural transition. He conservatively lifted the droopy tip to create a more refined appearance to the tip of the nose.
1) Revision Rhinoplasty San Diego 514: Dr. Kolstad used rib cartilage to straighten the bridge and create a more natural contour from top to bottom.
2) Revision Rhinoplasty San Diego 516: A small bump was fixed at the top of the nose and the drooping nostril was lifted.
3) Revision Rhinoplasty San Diego 518: Male rhinoplasty should never be overdone. Small conservative changes can make a dramatic impact.