PHOTO GALLERY – San Diego Hispanic Rhinoplasty Results
WE INVITE YOU TO VIEW OUR GALLERY OF BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS.
When evaluating before and after results please pay attention to the following features of this gallery:
- High Definition, High Resolution Images: All of our photos are presented in high quality, large, and expandable images. We do not use small, static pictures to hide asymmetries, imperfections or scars.
- Descriptive: We have labeled our images with meaningful descriptions to help guide you to specific features.
- One Result, Multiple Views: We do not show you just the “best” views and hide the rest.
- Similar Before & After Photographs: We do not use any trick photography. We encourage our patients to wear make-up in both the before and after images. We use the same camera, the same background, the same lighting, and the same positioning for the before and afters.
- Close-Ups of Incisions and Scars: We do not hide our scars with small images. Instead, we show you magnified views of how our incisions appear and where they are located.
Although rhinoplasty is one of the most common facial plastic procedures performed, Dr. Kolstad’s technique highlights that surgery is not a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Each patient is unique, and his expertise allows him to tailor treatment towards their unique features. His approach allows him to deliver aesthetic results that preserve the patient’s ethnic features.
For this Hispanic Rhinoplasty, Dr. Kolstad used cartilage to build tip support. He then was able to address her nasal tip concerns by adding projection and refinement. The profile was greatly improved by slimming the bridge and smoothing out the bump on her nose. These changes enhanced the patient’s other features in a natural and harmonious way.
1. A Hispanic rhinoplasty focuses on the patient’s specific anatomy, particularly the bridge of the nose. Dr. Kolstad performed a dorsal reduction to address this aesthetic concern.
2. Grafting the radix and refining the nasal tip benefited the patient by making her nasal features more in balance with her other facial features.
3. Dr. Kolstad’s expertise in ethnic rhinoplasties involves an understanding of the different nasal structures among different ethnicities. Dr. Kolstad believes that refintements should be natural rather than “plastic” which led to the patient’s subtle and beautiful results.
4. Dr. Kolstad addressed the wide base and drooping tip by using cartilage grafting to refine the nasal tip.
5. His technique provides a projection and lifting of the nasal tip. These cosmetic improvements created natural results that preserved that patient’s unique features.
6. Dr. Kolstad grafts the nasal cartilage from the patient’s septum to provide tip support. Reshaping the cartilage allowed him to refine the tip of the nose so that it is less bulbous and round.
7. These results reflect aesthetic contours and subtle changes that are compatible with the patient’s other facial features.
8. Rhinoplasty should appear natural rather than artificial. These changes were able enhance the facial appearance.