PHOTO GALLERY – RHINOPLASTY
WE INVITE YOU TO VIEW OUR GALLERY OF BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOGRAPHS.
When evaluating before and after results please pay attention to the following features of this gallery:
- High Definition, High Resolution Images: All of our photos are presented in high quality, large, and expandable images. We do not use small, static pictures to hide asymmetries, imperfections or scars.
- Descriptive: We have labeled our images with meaningful descriptions to help guide you to specific features.
- One Result, Multiple Views: We do not show you just the “best” views and hide the rest.
- Similar Before & After Photographs: We do not use any trick photography. We encourage our patients to wear make-up in both the before and after images. We use the same camera, the same background, the same lighting, and the same positioning for the before and afters.
- Close-Ups of Incisions and Scars: We do not hide our scars with small images. Instead, we show you magnified views of how our incisions appear and where they are located.
SAN DIEGO ASIAN RHINOPLASTY
Asian noses come in all shapes and sizes and Dr. Kolstad will customize an outcome to meet your features and your goals. Depending on your features you may require adding height to the bridge using either rib cartilage or a silastic implant.
The tip of the nose can be pushed further out using cartilage from the ear or the septum. Dr. Kolstad does not use “L” shaped implants due to risks of implant extrusion and nasal tip scarring.
This San Diego Asian rhinoplasty patient wanted to improve the shape and balance of her nose. She felt like the bridge was too small on profile view. She wanted a tip that projected further and was more refined.
Dr. Kolstad used rib cartilage to add height to the bridge of her nose and restructure her nasal tip. The nose was made higher, longer and more narrow through complex cartilage grafting.
* Individual patient experiences and results may vary.
1) Asian Rhinoplasty San Diego 506: Adding height to the bridge makes the nose appear more skinny and the midface less flat.
2) Asian Rhinoplasty San Diego 508: Rib cartilage can be used to add height to the nasal bridge, add projection to the tip of the nose and lengthen a short nose.
3) Asian Nose Surgery San Diego 510: Rib cartilage used to create a more pleasing aesthetic line connecting the eyebrow to the nasal tip. Most importantly, a very natural result.