Welcome to Kolstad Facial Plastic Surgery in La Jolla / San Diego
Patients come to Kolstad Facial Plastic Surgery from around the world to get facial rejuvenation results only Dr. Kolstad can deliver. His world-class techniques reflect the stunning beauty and natural aesthetic important to everyone of his patients. San Diego is the jewel of Southern California and a place where our patients and their families can explore and enjoy.
Our team has assembled a list of recommended places to stay, dine, and see while you are in the area. Click the links to learn more.
Patient Concierge Services
Our Team Will Plan Some or All of Your Surgery Experience
Don’t worry about traveling to see Dr. Kolstad from a different part of California, a different state or a different country. We are here to make your visit to San Diego an enjoyable and genuine experience. Let us take the stress out of travel so you can focus on your surgery and recovery.
A dedicated staff member will work with you to arrange as much of your trip and surgery experience as you require. Let us know if we can assist with any of the following:
– booking private or commercial flights.
– arranging ground transportation from the airport to your hotel.
– reserving lodging.
– overnight nursing services.
– restaurant reservations and more
FLY-IN FOR SURGERY
San Diego Airport (SAN) is located downtown overlooking North San Diego Bay. Avoiding rush hour traffic makes it about a 30 minute drive to our office in La Jolla.
Our patient concierge is available to arrange all of your ground transportation to and from your airport and hotel.
If you would like to utilize our Patient Concierge Services to arrange your travel plans, please call to speak with our patient concierge at (858) 859-2563
WHERE TO STAY
Our team has assembled a list of recommended places to stay, dine, and see while you are in the San Diego. Click the links to learn more.
La Valencia Hotel and Spa exudes Hollywood Glamour on the California Rivera – a hospitality classic since 1926. With her signature pink exterior and iconic tower, the elegant “Pink Lady” remains a renowned landmark on La Jolla’s distinctive Prospect Street commanding the village bluffs with panoramic views of the Pacific coastline and beautiful La Jolla Cove.
For decades, La Jolla Shores Hotel has been the beachfront refuge of choice in SoCal. Located in the heart of La Jolla Shores, families, couples, and business travelers seek us out for our coastal setting, just steps from one of Southern California’s best beaches. Take in a one-of-a-kind, front-row view of the sand, surf and sunsets from your balcony. Here, a room is more than just a room – it’s an extension of the sprawling Pacific Ocean just beyond our doors.
– Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa:
Nestled between San Diego’s seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa exudes warm service and the sun-drenched charm of rancho-inspired architecture. Guests of this San Diego luxury resort will find themselves perfectly situated for both relaxation and exploration. A heated saltwater pool and whirlpool, and locally-celebrated restaurants are all on site with La Jolla beaches and attractions a short drive away.
Be our guest and enjoy the abundant riches of San Diego’s “Golden Triangle” during your stay at Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine. Set on 11 prime acres, our luxury hotel boasts 417 guestrooms, adjacent Restaurant Village, and 42,000 square feet of function space.
Located about 1 mile from Dr. Kolstad’s office in La Jolla.
Surround yourself with modern comforts at San Diego Marriott La Jolla. Our stylish hotel positions you near dazzling destinations including La Jolla Shores, Birch Aquarium, the University of California, San Diego and Westfield UTC shopping mall. When you’re ready to retire from adventure, settle into our spacious rooms and suites. We provide complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious bedding and flat-panel TVs for your maximum relaxation.
Located across the street from Dr. Kolstad’s office in La Jolla.
Many of our out-of-town patients elect to hire a nurse to stay with them the night of surgery. Having an experienced nurse assist with medications, bandages and wound care can take much of the stress out of the recovery.
Hiring an overnight care professional will not only help with your utmost safety and comfort but will also give you peace of mind knowing that your needs post-procedure will be met.
If you are interested in overnight care after your procedure we recommend either of the following agencies. Your patient concierge can coordinate which days you would like assistance.
San Diego has many delicious restaurants featuring coastal views and just about every type of cuisine you could imagine. If you have specific requests or restrictions we are happy to find you the perfect spot to enjoy a bite to eat.
– George’s At The Cove: a beautiful coastal view in the heart of La Jolla.
– Herringbone: Herringbone features a “Fish Meats Field” coastal cuisine with an emphasis on line-caught seafood and high-quality meats.
– The Marine Room: Since 1941, one symbol has stood for the most exquisite dining experience in San Diego. The Seahorse symbol of The Marine Room.
– Exploring Convoy: San Diego’s Asian Restaurant Row
From the beaches of La Jolla Shores and Del Mar to the historic districts of Old Town and Little Italy, San Diego offers an extraordinary number of things to see and do. Since we can’t possibly list them all, we’ve provided a few favorite activities from our staff.
– Birch Acquarium at Scripps: See more than 5,000 fish in 60+ habitats plus a museum featuring cutting edge research from Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego. Take in spectacular panoramic ocean views, get hands on with interactive activities, see a feeding, and dive deeper into the world under, in, and above the oceans.
– Balboa Park: Ever changing. Always amazing. Where culture, science, and nature collide, Balboa Park is home to more than 16 museums, multiple performing arts venues, lovely gardens, trails, and many other creative and recreational attractions, including the San Diego Zoo. With a variety of cultural institutions among its 1,200 beautiful and lushly planted acres, there is something for everyone.